View From The Glen

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Re-reading books

I have been keeping track of the books I read this year to see if I can make it to 50. I just passed the 50 goal so yay for me, but what is more interesting (at least from my point of view) is that out of the 50 books I have read this year, almost half of them are books I have read before, many of them more than once, and some of them ... well, let's just say I have a problem, maybe even an obsession, with a certain character, and leave it at that.

So what's with the re-reading? I mean, there are so many books to read, and never enough time - you'd think I'd plough onward through the pages of new books, broadening my horizons and expanding my outlook. I have a list as long as my arm of books I want to read, and I add to it all the time. Yet, when it comes down to it, all too often I find myself reaching for something familiar, and what I'm wondering is what does this say about me?

No comments: