View From The Glen

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Kitchen Renovation 2008 - Part 1

It's the anniversary of when we started the renovation on the farm kitchen, which means I've been telling kitchen reno stories for a year now.

Why didn't you blog about it? I was asked last week.

Mostly because I hadn't started a blog then. But now I have, so for all those of you who have been asking, here's the low down, no holds barred scoop on what it was like to tackle the job, taken straight from the pages of the reno journal I took chronicling the destruction every step of the way. I'll post the blog in more or less real time (albeit a year behind) so you too can get a sense for just how long it took!

January 2008

The time has come the walrus said to talk of…getting a new kitchen.

Okay – I think we’ve lived with the old decrepit one long enough. It was dark and gloomy when we moved in; the coat of blue paint didn’t give it the boost we were looking for, and even extra windows – all brand new and shiny – couldn’t pull this kitchen out of the doldrums. In fact, I can’t understand how we’ve lived with it all these years!

But no more. We went ordered our new kitchen today. We’ve been playing around with the layout for ages, and are going to take the bull by the horns and get it done.

No comments: