View From The Glen

Friday, May 1, 2009

Blogging Blues

I have taken the past two weeks off blogging. Partly because it's been very hectic with corporate meetings at work, and getting ready for the last few weeks of executive activity with the boards I am on. Also, spring planting is here, which means there is lots to do outside, and Andrew is working longer hours to get it all done.

But more than that, I have been feeling zapped of energy and the thought of blogging seemed to lose its appeal.

I mean it's not as if I blog about important world issues or time-sensitive events. For the most part, I blog about things that are only really of interest to me and my immediate family. It seems - at times - kind of self-serving and even conceited to blog, and I started to wonder what the point was...who else is really interested, for example, in a story on my son's fascination with Julius Caesar..?


Exactly.

And yet, truth be told, most of the people who read this do so because they know me and actually are interested. I read blogs of people I know for the same reason - it makes me feel connected to their lives just that little bit more.

I missed blogging too. Probably because it has become a more public substitute for the journals I have kept for the past 25 years, and I find it calming and restorative to write.

So back to the blog.

No comments: