View From The Glen

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Cats

Grace took bunch of pictures of the cats the other day.

Good morning, Boys.
-
This is Amadeus. He is 14. He's the first pet Andrew and I got together. Andrew already had a cat - named S***head, who I promtly renamed Aslan. Aslan was my friend forever because of that. He died just a couple of years back aged about 17.
-
When we got Amadeus, he was a cute ball of fur who used to attack my already old dog, Laika. She used to hate him.
-
Amadeus is old now, but in his prime he was a magnificent cat - all 15 pounds of muscle, He also has the softest fur of any cat I've ever know, and he has an annoying habit of jumping on me, kneading my shoulder, and drooling down my arm. Yeah, that's lovely.
-
And this is his nemesis - King Arthur, otherwise known as Wart.
Go and catch some mice, Arthur.
-
He's not as kingly as his name suggests. But we had high hopes. He's about 4, and takes off for days at a time. He always comes back though.
-
Amadeus is ever hopeful. He is a very optomistic creature. I just know if I sit here and look cute, she'll feed me salmon.

He has an endearing face, but it's never worked.

-

In between these two were a bunch of others. Agamemnon (all our cats have A names) who was eaten by a fisher. Anastasia, who adopted us without telling us she was expecting kittens - she is now living with Andrew's grandma in Kanata. She has the good life - don't tell Amadeus, but I know she gets salmon! Ace - one of her offspring, who just disappeared.

-

But these orange cats seem to withstand the test of time.

No comments: