View From The Glen

Thursday, July 16, 2009

July 16th

On July 16th, I sit here listening to Mendelssohn's Italian Symphonies and sipping red wine (a highly recommended French red that I don't particularly like: when will I learn that I have never really cared for French wines?) in honour of Carla who would have been 42 today.

By rights I should be quaffing a raucous red - Carla liked red wine that had bite - and listening to celtic music, as that's likely what we'd be doing if she were alive today.

Actually, that's not quite true - it's what we would have been doing a decade or more ago when we lived in Halifax and spent every weekend in smoky Irish pubs - but on days like today, it's easy to live - momentarily at least - in the past.

2 comments:

cbmamainnf said...

I really miss Carla- think of her daily.... though it is now late July- I am having a glas of wine remembering her.... remember 2 glasses of white and one red...............

Denise Nielsen said...

I remember... good times all!