View From The Glen

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Time Take 2

I took an inventory of just how I do spend that 168 hours of time each week.
  • 33% of it is spent sleeping, which is a good thing because it means I get enough shut-eye. I feel it necessary to point out that this is not something heroic on my part, but rather an inherited inability to function on anything less than 8 hours of sleep a night.
  • 20% is work, which isn't really too bad. Work does of course take up the largest chunk of most people's week - that 40 hour grind Monday-Friday that everyone complains about. I do too - I'm often heard commenting that work gets in the way of my social life, but the truth is that I enjoy my job. I like the creative pulse of marketing and it feels good being the corporate environmental officer, and working with the innovations team.
So that's half my time accounted for. I read another blog recently about the Myth Of Balancing Everything. It is a myth, but one thing that really stood out for me was what she said about remembering to focus on things that bring joy to your life. It doesn't mean you'll be less busy, but you will be happier.

No comments: