View From The Glen

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Kids Get It

Grace made this for me:

Do you know what Kwanzaa is, I asked her, curious.

Oh yes. It's like Christmas. It's to tell people how much you love them. Not everyone, she went on confidentially, believes in Santa.

In Grace's eyes, all celebrations - regardless of their cultural or spiritual ties - have this one thing in common: they bring us together with friends and family and give us an opportunity to enjoy each other's company in a spirit of love and goodwill.

I was going to say it was a bit late for celebrating Kwanzaa, but I couldn't look into her shining eyes and tell her that it was the wrong time to celebrate love.


Happy Kwanzaa then.

2 comments:

cbmamainnf said...

sweet- kids are so innocent and pure in their thinking....too bad adults coudn't be too!!

Leanne Haines said...

That's adorable! I wish they could stay this innocent forever!