View From The Glen

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Seriously...

This is one of the best blog posts I have ever read. Should be required reading for all high school kids. Hope I remember where to find it when my own kids get to that age. Do your self a favour and check it out.

Libby Bray: Your Mileage May Vary

Love the part about sitting in the playground with your friends, on the merry-go-round, talking about life, liberty and love ...yeah, been there.

And if you're a school guidance counsellor, there's a take away message here that you really don't want to miss.

It almost makes me want to be 17 again....and that's not something I expected to hear myself say.

4 comments:

Mindful Merchant said...

TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD is 50 years old.
Frankly, I think it's had work done.
It doesn't look a day over 35 to me.


This is a gem! How did you discover it?

Leanne Haines said...

Wow. Thanks, Denise. Should be required reading for all parents of teenagers, too, I think.

4meaneys said...

Excellent... I sent it to my sister....

Anonymous said...

Fabulous, Denise. I loved it.

Rachel