Recommended two books for acquisition, proofed back cover copy for a third, made lasagne and soup from scratch, washed all the windows, paid bills online, organized for a scout meeting, marked essays and am off to get kids. Most. Productive. Day. EVER.
A number of people commented that I must be Superwoman, to which I modestly reply, Why, yes I am.
Because frankly, any day where I get done even half of what I want to get done...well, that's a good day.
The turht is that almost every woman I know out there, both online and in real life, is Superwoman. You pretty much have to be to get through an average week. And yes, I know there is no such thing as an average week, but this is the sort of thing I know you are all doing:
- Getting children up, dressed, breakfasted and onto the schoolbus
- Working outside the home
- Working inside the home
- Grocery shopping
- Meal planning
- Homework helping
- Homework whip-cracking
- Homework frustration management (LOL)
- Finding quality time for your family
- Finding (any) time for yourself
- Organizing appointments and commitments, and coordinating meetings and gatherings
- Cleaning and vacuuming and dusting
- Running errands and meeting deadlines
- Being the connector for playdates, family events, etc
- A thousand other things, small in themselves, but which add up and add up and add up...
Because we can't. Not all the time, anyway. And that's okay. For most of us, the trick is keeping as many balls in the air as possible, and if one drops, to let it go with a shrug. We can always pick it up later.
So this post is for you. All the Superwomen I know.
|Sweet Cartoony Version|
|Heroic Version - check out those boots!|
|Couldn't resist version|
Which version of Superwoman are you? (Or Superman - we don't discriminate here).