View From The Glen

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Music, Animals and Attitude: Grace

In this short 3-part series, I looked at some of the characteristics of my children through the lenses of Music (Erik) and Animals (Anna).

Part 3 today is about my absolutely adorable Grace. The 8-year old who, when touring the RCMP facility with the Cubs was pegged by the older officer, obviously well versed in character profiling. He took one look at her and said. "You're trouble, aren't you? But you're cute, and you get away with it, don't you?"

Now I'm not one for labelling the kids. They are what they are and have infinite opportunity for growth and maturity, for development and change.

But my dad snapped this picture last weekend on a walk through our fields. And I have to say, it's a pretty accurate representation of the spirited, bright, independent being that is my youngest.


Let's take a closer look...

2 comments:

Leanne Haines said...

She is adorable! Love this series! I feel like I know your kids — although I'm a little sad that I really don't. You have done very well to capture who they are right now in very few words. Of course they'll change, but right now this is them. Good job.

Eileen said...

I've also loved the last three posts about your children, Denise. They are beautiful, accomplished little charmers.